Ready to start podcasting? Perpetua has the tools you need to start podcasting. These frequently asked questions will help jump start you into your very own podcast. If you still have questions about the features of podcasting, feel free to call technical support at 888.320.5278 x 261, or email them at email@example.com.
1. Add Podcast to your site
Before you can start adding posts, you will need to setup your Podcast. You can follow these steps to setup your Podcast.
- Click on Add Content.
- Click on Podcast.
- Enter the Podcast Name.
- Enter the Description for the Podcast (optional). You can enter a description to help readers identify your Podcast.
- Enter the Tags (optional). Tags are one-word descriptors that you can use to label your Podcast. Tags are helpful for readers searching for your Podcast. Tags cannot contain quotation marks or spaces, but are otherwise unrestricted. Separate tags with a space.
- Click on Browse or Library to upload your image (optional). This image will display if someone subscribes to your Podcast.
- Enter the Owner Name (optional).
- Enter the Owner Email (optional).
- Set the number of podcasts that display on the page and what order they display in
- Click on Save Podcast.
This will direct you to a screen to add your first post. If you would like to add your first post at a later time, you can close out this window.
2. Adding a Post
After your Podcast is setup, then you can begin adding posts. You can follow these steps to add posts to your Podcast.
- To add a post to a podcast that you have already created, click the Add Post icon in the top right hand corner of your podcast.
- Enter the Title of your post. It will display above the text of your post.
- Choose a Date. This is the publication date of your post, which will automatically default to today's date. However, if you need to you can choose a previous or a future date. If you choose a future date, then your post will not be displayed on the web page until that date which allows you to schedule your posts.
- Click on Choose File to upload your audio or video file from your computer. This is typically an MP3 file. We recommend a compression rate of 32kbps mono for a non-music file, and 64kbps for a music file. If your file is located on a different website or server, you can enter the URL for the file in the Remote Media File.
- Enter the Media Width in pixels if you are attaching a video (optional).
- Enter the Media Height in pixels if you are attaching a video (optional).
- Enter the Audio Duration if you are attaching an audio file (optional). Always use this format: for 33min 21 seconds, use 00:33:21.
- Enter the Description of your post (optional). This is the main content area for your post.
- Enter the Author of your post (optional). This is typically the name of the speaker in your audio or video file.
- Enter the Tags for your post (optional). Tags are one-word descriptors that you can use to label your post. Tags cannot contain quotation marks or spaces, but are otherwise unrestricted. Separate tags with a space.
- Click on Save Post.